The SPT provides detailed diagnostics using LEDs and the Display to prove the cause of a PSTN network problem. If you have a WebWay World login you can see diagnostics in Connections on desktop or mobile.
You can identify if the problem is with:
- The SPT configuration.
- The customers PSTN line.
- The WebWay MCT/PSTN receivers.
- The registration of the SPT with the WebWay MCT receivers.
- Located under the 3 buttons on the left hand side of the SPT.
- The first bi-colour LED, just under and between buttons A and B.
- Labelled “ATS” (Alarm Transmission System).
- See arrow “Communications indicators”, Quick Start.
- A Green flash indicates a single working route.
- A Red flash indicates a route is not available.
- The PSTN ATPs are the final 2 flashes.
ATS LED “Green-Green”
- “Green - Green” indicates 2 working PSTN ATPs.
- No action required.
ATS LED “Red-Green” or “Green-Red”
One PSTN ATP is not working
The SPT is correctly connected to the customer’s line Data is being acknowledged by one ATP route.
ATS LED “Red-Red"
The SPT has no working PSTN ATPs.