The SPT provides detailed diagnostics using LEDs and the Display to prove the cause of an IP network problem. If you have a WebWay World login you can see diagnostics in Connections on desktop or mobile.
You can identify if the problem is with:
- The SPT configuration.
- The customers LAN, switch, router or firewall.
- The internet connection to the WebWay MCT receivers.
- The registration of the SPT with the WebWay MCT receivers
Ethernet Status LED
- Located just above and right of centre of the silver, metal RJ45 connection on the SPT.
- Has a “Top” and “Bottom” section, defined by the orientation of the board as in the Quick Start Guide.
- Top section identifies the speed of the LAN (10BaseT or 100BaseT)
- Bottom section indicates whether the SPT is active on the LAN.
Top segment (Red) off
SPT is correctly connected to a 10BaseT LAN.
Top segment (Red) on
SPT is correctly connected to a 100BaseT LAN.
SPT and LAN are exchanging data.
LAN cable is connected to the SPT correctly.
LED is unlit
No connection between the SPT and the LAN. Checks to make:
- Check that the Ethernet cable is securely connected to the SPT and the customer switch/router.
- Ethernet cable may be faulty. Check and replace if required.
- Customers LAN socket may not be live. Complete the WebWay PING test.
- Switch/router may be powered off. Complete the WebWay PING test.
- Switch/router port may not be live. Complete the WebWay PING test.
- Structured cabling is not connected to the router. Check router connection.
- Structured cabling is faulty. Check and replace if required.